Luke 8:54

"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid arise." Luke 8:54

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Quote of the Day

He has an especial tenderness of love towards thee for that thou art in the dark and hast no light, and His heart is glad when thou dost arise and say, ‘I will go to my Father.’ For He sees thee through all the gloom through which thou canst not see Him. Say to Him, ‘My God, I am very dull and low and hard; but Thou art wise and high and tender, and Thou art my God. I am thy child. Forsake me not.’ Then fold the arms of thy faith, and wait in quietness until light goes up in the darkness. Fold the arms of thy faith, I say, but not of thy action: bethink thee of something that thou oughtest to do, and go and do it, if it be but the sweeping of a room, or the preparing of a meal, or a visit to a friend; heed not thy feelings: do thy work.”

(George Macdonald, Daily Strength for Daily Needs p. 162)

4 comments:

  1. I loved this quote, Nay. So helpful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Jana. Thanks for being so faithful to read and then comment too. :)

      Delete