Luke 8:54

"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid arise." Luke 8:54

Monday, April 13, 2015

Quote of the Day

"Our speech, whether it is about others or to others, tends to tear down or build up. It either corrupts the minds of our hearers, or it gives grace to them. Such is the power of our words. If I gossip, I both tear down another person and corrupt the mind of my listener. If I complain about the difficult circumstances of my life, I impugn the sovereignty and goodness of God and tempt my listener to do the same."


("Respectable Sins" p. 24 by Jerry Bridges)

5 comments:

  1. This was a blessing to me this morning. Thanks Nay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Toni. It was helpful to me too. :) It is convicting and scary how our words are either one or the other. Tearing down or building up. There isn't much middle ground here. It is no wonder the tongue is so strongly mentioned in James. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Liked this a lot Nay, thanks.

    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it was a blessing girls! Thanks for reading and commenting on our blog. I know it means a lot to Toni and I. :)

    ReplyDelete