Luke 8:54

"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid arise." Luke 8:54

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Jesus, Deliverer of my Soul


Satan's attempt to devour, while Jesus delivered my soul

A personal testimony


Image result for in a lion's mouth

Satan is a roaring lion SEEKING whom he may DEVOUR. That's what 1 Peter 5:8 says, but I don't think we really believe it. At least, not until we've been targeted. What does the Bible tell us to do? To submit ourselves. To God. (James 4:7) To others. (1 Peter 5: 5-9) To humble ourselves. To resist. To standfast. To cast all our care upon Him. To be sober. To be vigilant.


Our hearts are so deceitfully wicked. We can be so self deceived as to where we are at, why we do things, and what we need. It's truly scary when you realize it. And our only hope is Christ Jesus.


If I could describe the past few months of my life... I could probably sum it up by saying that Satan had me in his mouth and was running full speed with me. Seriously. He wanted me isolated and alone. I'm not trying to exaggerate to scare anyone. But what the Bible says about Satan and about spiritual warfare is real. It's serious. It isn't to be taken lightly. I felt like I was being devoured from the outside in. And the worst part is, I had no idea. I knew something was wrong. I knew I wasn't happy. I knew I had lost my peace. I knew I needed help. I just didn't know where to turn to. But for the grace of God!


I feel like David in Psalm 40:2, "He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings." Or Psalm 18:5-7,16-17: "The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me, In my distress I called upon the LORD, and I cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. Then the earth shook and trembled; He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy...."


What can a fierce lion do compared to the strength of my great Saviour? Nothing. All the ability Satan has to work or devour us, we give him willingly or unknowingly.


I just wanted to publicly thank and praise Him. He is good to the children of men. He is good to me. A burden has fallen away, and a load has been lifted. I can physically feel it, even though not much of my life circumstances have changed. :There's peace again. There's grace for others. There's love. I can say with assurance, "nothing between my soul and the Saviour". What a blessing it is! And I'd encourage you also, Christian, to keep submitting yourself and humbling yourself before God. That's when He works. That's when He delights to deliver us. That's when Satan flees. He's waiting to restore us again.


Also, I'm thankful for faithful brothers and sisters in Christ. Where would we be without the Church? Who pray fervently. Who follow the leading of God. Who love unconditionally. Who are willing to speak truth into my life. Who are willing to just "be there", whose example is encouraging even when they don't know what words to say.


"Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me." (Psalm 142:7)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Nay. Thank you for sharing. Praise the LORD that He has overcome the world. You are dear to me: always will be. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete