Luke 8:54

"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid arise." Luke 8:54

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Quote of the Day

"When I was young I had the idea (I am sure I must have heard sermons on this) that I would somehow have to annihilate my own will before I could properly pray to God for his. 'You must have absolutely no will of your own in the matter,' someone had said. This sounded alright to me, and I spent a lot of time and energy trying to follow this advice. Finally I saw that no such thing was required. The struggle Jesus had in the Garden of Gethsemane showed me this. A conflict was taking place -- not to annihilate his own will but to accept the will of the Father, which was other than his. It did not end with Jesus saying, 'My will is now thine' but with, 'Not my will but thine be done.' The act of praying, far from divesting us of human desires, enables us to lay them before God as very real and pressing and say to him, 'Not these Lord, Yours'. (If we had gotten rid of them, there would be nothing left to lay down)."
Elizabeth Elliot.
Image result for Elisabeth Elliot Images

1 comment: