Luke 8:54

"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid arise." Luke 8:54

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Blueberry and Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

Practical Homemaking/ Recipes

                                                 Blueberry and Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins


And here is the perfect way to start off your Saturday morning! A cup of tea with one of these delicious blueberry muffins. While this recipe is more geared towards gluten-free needs, it can easily be made into a "normal"  muffin recipe as well. :) 

Recipe:

2 1/3 Cups Gluten-free flour blend (I used- White rice flour, Brown rice flour, and Tapioca starch. Although, an actual "gluten-free flour blend" would probably be even more tasteful.)
1/2 Cup Natural sugar
2 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Xanthan Gum
1 tsp. Unflavored Gelatin Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 Cup of Raw Milk (For a Dairy-free substitute, use Almond Milk instead)
1/4 Cup Oil (I used-Avocado oil)
2 Large Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 tsp. Grated Lemon Zest
2 Cups of blueberries

I also added about a teaspoon of Lemon Extract, as well as Poppy Seeds.


In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add milk, oil, eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest (or lemon extract). Blend until thoroughly mixed. Gently stir in blueberries. (If the blueberries are frozen, add a few extra minutes to baking time.) After dividing into muffin tins, bake @ 400 (F) for approximately 20-25 minutes. You can also finish these muffins off with a lemon glaze. [Powdered sugar mixed with a little Lemon Juice.] Or sometimes, I sprinkle a little sugar on the top. 



2 comments:

  1. The first word that comes to mind is "YUM". :) Loved your picture. You are so creative. :) And these look delicious. May I challenge your creative culinary skills? I would like a muffin made out of flaxseed meal....you can use some hemp too if you like.....no dairy, or sugar....lemon and poppy seed is fine....no fruit or eggs or gelatin or baking powder or xanthum gum. :D Then I can eat it too! Haha. Let me know how it goes. Hee hee. I know....I'm hopeless. But these look delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a challenge on the culinary skills! (Haha) Maybe. I'll see what I can come up with. My only consolation..would be that I know you aren't that picky anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete