Luke 8:54

"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid arise." Luke 8:54

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Symptoms of "Inner Peace"

Spiritual Lessons

Symptoms of Inner Peace

Image result for inner peace

I came across this poster hanging on a wall at a natural health clinic and it made me smile.  Peace...  it's what everyone is searching for.... 

"Symptoms of Inner Peace"


  1. A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from a fear based on past experience.
  2. An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment
  3. A loss of interest in judging self
  4. A loss of interest in judging others
  5. A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others
  6. A loss of ability to worry
  7. Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation
  8. Contented feelings of contentedness with others and nature
  9. Frequent attacks of smiling 
  10. Increasing susceptibility to love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it
  11. An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than to make them happen
Note:  Be advised that if you have all or even most of these symptoms, your condition of peace may be too far advanced to be treatable...  Saskia Davis, copyright 1984

I read this and couldn't help but think of my Peace.  These are conditions of having the holy Prince of Peace live in my life.  The world grasps desperately at the symptoms, but even without trying I am at peace because He lives inside of me. The world is trying to live the symptoms. 

When I trust Him and walk in the Spirit these are the result.  I stop fearing what people think of me.  Driving alone or being by myself is no longer exhausting or uncomfortable.  My past doesn't haunt me.  I don't beat myself up mentally.  Time slows down and I can stop and breathe and take in all the little joys that are packaged in a moment.  I don't feel critical of people around me.  I don't stop to analyze how people must view me.  I am not worried.  I'm thankful.  Humanity isn't ugly.  Nature draws.  I don't feel like I have to orchestrate my life.  I can rest in His peace.  

The excerpted list is adapted by Saskia Davis' original post on her website: symptomsofinnerpeace.net.

Note: All information and opinions on symptomsofinnerpeace.net  is exclusively Saskia Davis', and is not necessarily shared by the authors of Maid Arise (Toni and Lynea).     


4 comments:

  1. This made me smile as well. I am so thankful for peace that passes even my own human understanding. I have something other's are desperately trying to work for... and it makes me sad for the rest of the world that they have never truly felt a moment of peace because they don't have Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Toni! Thank you for helping me take inventory and examine my symptoms (or lack of them)! I have come to the realization that His Peace is the most precious gift and all I need to get me through this life. As Melissa says, I am intensely sad for those who do not know Him and are unable to experience this most beautiful way of being...at Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this Toni and I'm glad you decided to share this on our blog. It made me smile too. Thankful for peace, like Liss said, that we do not have to 'force a feeling of peace within ourselves' but that His peace comes naturally from His spirit. Makes my heart hurt, to think that this is what the rest of the world is looking for and so desperately needs. They look for peace for themselves, peace with others, and even "world peace". And really, they need the Prince of Peace, and we are the only ones, as Christians, who can show them the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. It definitely made me smile. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete