Luke 8:54

"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid arise." Luke 8:54

Friday, June 5, 2015

The Desert Between

Spiritual Lessons

                                  The Desert Between

Image result for desert



The desert between
My Egypt and land
The land that He promised
To give by His hand

A hard place to travel
Without any pleasure
No riches of Egypt
Or Canan-land treasures

Emptied and willing
Swept of past dreams
Ideals all forsaken
My heart now made clean

My solitude fill, Lord
My reproach gladly bear
Let duty be privilege
Your cross sweetly share

Let service be freedom
And sacrifice joy
Let praise be my spirit
Your shackles enjoyed 

Your limits are blessings
A boundary of care
Protection of mercy
A shield I will bear 

This desert between
I meekly will trod
With joy and thanksgiving 
For here I belong.

T.L.H.  

3 comments:

  1. Really liked it Toni! Great job. I really like the third stanza......"Emptied and willing,Swept of past dreams, Ideals all forsaken,My heart now made clean."
    Love you,

    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this!!
    Thank you for sharing it Toni.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls for the comments. It's always a blessing getting feedback. I enjoy writing little poems; nice to know other's like them as well. Love you both. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete