Luke 8:54

"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid arise." Luke 8:54

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Quote of the Day


"Do not be overly concerned about your feelings at this point.  I am happy to tell you that God is not expecting any particular kind of emotion from you.  All He asks is that you remain faithful.  And I rather think that a faithfulness unsustained by pleasant emotion is far purer and reliable than one which depends on tender feelings.  Faith which is built on emotion is resting on a very changeable  foundation.  A little reading and meditation every day is all that God desires.  Through this means, He will give you light and strength for all the sacrifices He requires.  Love Him, and I will release you from every other obligation.  For everything else will come by love.
      Please understand about love.  I am not asking from you a love which is tender and emotional.  All I ask is that you will lean towards love, that you should make up your mind to love God, regardless of your feelings.  And not matter what corrupt desires you should find in your heart, if you will make a decision to love God more than self, and the whole world, He will be pleased."

~ Fenelon, Let Go, p. 57-58

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this....I often allow my feelings to overcome the truth of what Jesus has done for us and how God loves us. Feelings can be so very deceptive and misleading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quote Toni. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad this quote was as encouraging to you as it was to me, ladies. Love Fenelon!

    ReplyDelete