Luke 8:54

"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid arise." Luke 8:54

Friday, October 3, 2014

Gluten-Free Coffee Cake

Here is a new recipe I've been experimenting with lately. Don't let the words "Gluten-Free" scare you. It is a great coffee cake recipe to begin with, and was easily made into a gluten-free dream. If you do not need to make a gluten-free cake, don't, but I think this recipe made one of the lightest and fluffiest gluten-free cakes I've yet to try. Hope that you enjoy it as much as I did. 

Gluten-free Coffee Cake Recipe:


Mix together:
1 Egg
1/4 C. Oil
1/2 C. Milk (For a nice dairy-free substitute use Almond Milk)

Add:
1 1/2 C. Flour (I used equal parts of: White Rice Flour, Brown Rice Flour, and Tapioca Starch)
3/4 C. Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
(App.) 1 tsp. Xanthum Gum (If you are not making this recipe gluten-free, do not add the Xanthum Gum)


Add also 2-3 C. of your choice of either blueberries, apples, raisins, or mixed berries. I've made this with both apples and blueberries. Both were delicious. I didn't actually measure the blueberries when I made it, but I was pretty generous with them. 


Topping:
1/4 C. Brown sugar
1 T. Flour (I used White Rice Flour)
1 T. Cinnamon
1 T. Melted Butter
1/2 C. Nuts (optional)


Sprinkle the topping on the coffee cake before baking. (I also recommend you lightly grease your baking pan.) Bake @ 350 for about 40-45 minutes. Makes a 9x9 pan.



No comments:

Post a Comment