Luke 8:54

"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid arise." Luke 8:54

Friday, March 28, 2014

Toni's Gluten-Free Spring Sugar Cookies

Practical Homemaking 




Spring is officially here....and here in northern Idaho, Spring is almost here weather-wise.  My Dad came home from work desperate for cookies.  So desperate in fact, that he was about to eat the puppy treats that mom happened to store in a cookie jar!  He was so disappointed to realize they were dog treats that I thought I had better bake some cookies.  I decided on sugar cookies in flower shapes for Spring.  But then I remembered!  Mom would smell them....she would be disappointed if she couldn't eat them. (Mom is gluten-free like myself). So I had to make some gluten-free.  And they turned out terrific. Perfect for a wet Idaho spring day. (I can guarantee they tasted better than our puppy's treats.)  I thought I would share with all of you.   








  
Toni's Gluten Free Sugar Cookies


¾ cup olive oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon (or more!) lemon zest
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ½ cups Mama's Almond Blend Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon organic xanthum gum
pinch of fine ground sea salt
splash of raw milk


Mix well oil, sugar, eggs, zest and vanilla. Blend in dry ingredients. Add enough milk to create dough. Roll ¼ inch thick on floured board. Cut with 3” cookie cutter. Place on lightly brushed (olive oil) cookie sheet.


Bake 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes at least two dozen depending on how much cookie dough you ate in the process! :)  




For more yummy recipes please look under "Practical Homemaking"

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome Toni! I should try this gluten free version sometime. Looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charity. Gluten Free used to be miserable for me until I took it on as a challenge to create yummy GF things. It is possible! It's not necessarily more healthy, but I really enjoy it since I have a wheat intolerance and so many others around me do as well. :)

      Delete
  2. These look awesome Toni!

    ReplyDelete