Luke 8:54

"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid arise." Luke 8:54

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Lemon and Garlic Shrimp

Practical Homemaking

 A Lemon and Garlic Shrimp Recipe 

Tonight, I made dinner. I love to cook. I also really like shrimp. There's almost nothing better than garlic... not to mention butter. And while I like to try new recipes, there's nothing better than "making it yourself". So, try mixing all of these together...and what do you have? A little peace of  heaven. :) So, I thought I'd share the recipe. 



What will you need? 

White Rice
Small package of shrimp
1/2 Cup Butter
Lemon Pepper 
Clove of Garlic
Pepper 
Salt
      (App.) 1/2 a head of cabbage 
   A cucumber
   A carrot
    Rice Vinegar 



I usually begin with making a coleslaw side. I, personally, hate mayonnaise. I've never met a "coleslaw" I've liked, because of this. This however has a nice zesty vinegar taste and goes great with the lemon shrimp and rice. Cut up cabbage, cucumber, and carrot. Mix in a bowl, while adding rice vinegar to taste. I also added salt and pepper. Let chill in the refrigerator. Then, I make the rice.

While the rice is cooking, melt butter in skillet. Add garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon pepper to taste. After peeling the shrimp, saute in skillet. You'll know the shrimp is fully cooked when it turns pink and feels slightly stiff. 

Place the lemon and garlic shrimp over the white rice with your coleslaw side. And enjoy. :) 



2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy, Nay! I think my mouth is watering :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Nay! This looks delicious. If you ever have a desire to just come on over and cook...shrimp....for me.....I think you really should do that. Healthy dinners are great to practice...over and over....on your best friends. :)

    ReplyDelete