Luke 8:54

"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid arise." Luke 8:54

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Practical Homemaking


                                                       Culinary Entrepreneurialism  

                                   (without poisanous oleander seeds!)



(Gluten Free Coffee Cake Slice) 


Ever since I was young I have had what some might call an entrepreneurial flair.  :)  My siblings still laugh at the odd ways of gaining money that I conjured up.  There was the egg dying machine....the weed killer, my child's fantasy book with color illustrations, the parade, the sock creatures,  and the poisonous oleander seeds I sold for 10 cents a pod.  To this day, when I come up with a good idea, my siblings groan.  And I thought I should be thanked for all of the unique child-hood memories I created.  

Thankfully I have moved on from the poisonous oleander seed market and started on something a little more appetizing.  Baked Goodies!  I have started to bake for Hutto's Highland Haven and sell my culinary creations at Annie's Apple Orchard every Saturday morning.  

I am starting off with Blueberry Muffins, Coffee cake, and Pies.  The best part is I am offering these Gluten free also!  I have wished that a local someone would offer tantilizing gluten-free yummies...and so five years later after a hard, sometimes tearful, experimenting journey with gluten-free recipes, I have become that local baker offering tantilizing gluten-free yummies!  

If you are in the area please order your baked goods (by Friday 9:00 am) and stop by Annie's Orchard this Saturday!  



Giant Berry Muffins $3.50
Coffee Cake $6.00 (or $2.00 a slice)
Pies $20.00 each 


208-304-4070





3 comments:

  1. You are definitely an entrepreneur, Toni! I wish we had Annie's Apple Orchard in our neighborhood! I am so very proud of you...you will most likely end up having to hire some more bakers to fill your orders...! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Auntie Donna. I wish you lived close by....I'd make you Gluten free goodies. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks good Toni. :)

    ReplyDelete