Luke 8:54

"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid arise." Luke 8:54

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Quote of the Day

"I have seemed to see a need of everything God gives me, and want nothing that He denies me.  There is no dispensation, though afflictive, but either in it, or after it, I find that I could not be without it.  Whether it be taken from or not given to me, sooner or later God quiets me in Himself without it.  I cast all my concerns on the Lord, and live securely on the care and wisdom of my heavenly Father.  My ways, you know, are in a sense, hedged up with thorns, and grow darker and darker daily, but yet I distrust not my good God in the least, and live more quietly in the absence of all by faith, than I should do, I am persuaded, if I possessed them."  ~ Anonymous, 1810, Daily Strength for Daily Needs, 148

2 comments:

  1. Difficult to do, but this way of thinking is what brings His peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quote Toni. Thank you for sharing this. It is sweet, when we can accept everything that the Lord sends...not desiring anything that He chooses not to give. He is a good Heavenly Father...and He is enough.

    ReplyDelete