Luke 8:54

"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid arise." Luke 8:54

Monday, May 5, 2014

Practical Homemaking/ Recipes 

Necessity Being the Mother of Invention...




I offered to make dinner the other day for mom since she has been doing all of the cooking and baking while I was sick and now that I was feeling better I thought...I should help out.  Although, after making lentils and rolls I realized that I didn't have a bread that mom could eat with the soup. For those of you who are new... my mom is Gluten free and I also was/am.  :)  I recently have reacted to all sorts of foods.  But hopefully after I get a little farther into my elimination diet I can start sharing some really yummy GAPS recipes.  But for now... I will stick with Gluten Free Recipes!  :)  

So I decided to try biscuits... I didn't have some essential ingredients to work with.... and so necessity being the mother of invention I created a Gluten free biscuit.  Mom said she liked them so I thought I had better share.  (Mom is the Queen-Snob of Gluten Free Foods...if she likes it then it's worthy to share with other people!).  :)  

So here you are....my newest creation.... :) Enjoy.  :) 





Gluten Free Biscuits



1 stick (8 Tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled


1 ½ cup white rice flour
1 cup almond flour
½ cup garbanzo bean flour

½ cup tapioca flour


2 ½ teaspoons xanthum gum
2-4 Tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
1 extra large egg at room temperature
2 cups warm water



Brush cookie sheet with olive oil and set aside. Blend butter and then add dry ingredients (including the yeast). Mix at slow speed to allow the dry ingredients to begin to come together with the butter. Add egg and continue to combine. Add water slowly in a steady stream. Thoroughly mix until you have manageable (but it will be sticky!) dough. Flour dough board and roll out. Cut with biscuit cutter at 1 inch thick (or however thick you like your biscuits...they will only rise a bit). Bake at 350 for 10 minutes in preheated oven. Makes about 2 ½ dozen little biscuits. Freezes well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment