Luke 8:54

"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid arise." Luke 8:54

Thursday, April 24, 2014


Here's another recipe I really want to share with you.  Several weeks ago I was inspired to do a GAP'S legal bread that I could eat and so I went to my newest heroine's website :  www.mygutsy.com  This is the domain of blogger Caroline, who, like me, deals with digestive health issues.  She also has a love for health, kitchen creating, and eating yummy food.  No wonder I love her!  And so while perusing her glorious selection of mouth watering recipes I found a recipe for flatbread.  I thought I would give it a try.  I didn't have coconut flour on hand so I thought I would substitute it with almond flour...and it worked!  So here is my variation of gutsy flatbread.  

For Caroline's version click here The Gutsy Coconut Flatbread


My GAPS Legal/Gluten Free Almond Flatbread 


Ingredients:
1-2 cups almond flour
3 eggs
1 cup coconut milk (or raw milk if not allergic!)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp oregano

 

1/2 basil 
1/2 tsp garlic powder
drizzle of organic extra virgin olive oil
I also added celery, sweet peppers and tomatoes chopped...but you would have to make sure you weren't allergic to any of these first...

Directions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Mix together flour and herbs in a bowl.
Whisk milk and eggs in a separate bowl and then add.
Stir until it makes a thick paste.  Let it sit in order to allow the flour to soak in the wet ingredients.  
Brush olive oil onto cookie sheet.  Spread dough evenly onto cookie sheet.
Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Cut into squares and enjoy!









Visit Caroline at www.mygutsy.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment